Surprise! Long time no see/post, I know. 2017 was a whirlwind of a year. I graduated F.I.T. with my bachelor's in Advertising and Marketing (hallelujah!), I took things easy during the summer as a reward, met some new amazing people all thanks to Instagram, traveled to beautiful places around the U.S. with family and friends (Nantucket, Boston, Charleston, Savannah, and more), tried a part-time job (spoiler: I quit.. it took too much time away from Hampton Ivy, plus it was not the job I signed up for and I ended up being overworked and underpaid), and I took some time off to enjoy the holidays.

Now it's 2018, and it's time to go full force into Hampton Ivy and life. I'm calling 2018 "the year to hustle", which may sound a little cheesy but it's true. I'm more determined than ever to make Hampton Ivy a big success and my full-time job for life. I'm also determined to achieve the goals that I'll share with you all below. I tend to give myself an insanely long list of things to do, but I believe I can accomplish all of these resolutions as long as I hustle hard (but not too hard) and put my mind to it. These are my 2018 resolutions:



  1. Wake up early at 7:30am or 8am & stop over sleeping- no more than 7 or 8 hours a night. I love starting the day early and I never feel good when I over sleep, so it just makes sense! (So far, so good and it's thanks to two new products in my life.. I'll share them in my monthly favorites blog post that'll come at the end of January!)
  2. Work 9 to 5. I've been guilty of working on and off all day (from waking up to going to sleep) but it just isn't healthy and hurts more than helps. My goal now is to just work through those 8 hours, and not get distracted, and then after 5 o'clock let myself relax and be a normal person.
  3. Read. I have an insane amount of books for how little I actually read now-a-days. My goal is to read at least one book a month. I'd love to be able to read 2 or more books a month, but that's probably wishful thinking.
  4. Be on social more. I'm sure most people have a goal of being on social less, but I'm guilty of almost never being on social media. A few years ago I was always on it and it ended up stealing too much of my time, so then I did the opposite and was barely on it. My goal is to have a happy medium this year, post across different social platforms and enjoy them, but not lose too much time on them.
  5. Blog. This was my resolution last year, but I let other things get in the way. This year my goal is to post two times a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'll be sharing style as always, beauty, more about my life and owning a business, and a few lifestyle posts including decor, books, food, or whatever else I love enough to write about and believe you all would like to read about.
  6. Eat healthy and work out. Shocker, right? This was on my list last year and I'm sure it's on almost every human being's list of new year resolutions. Truly, I just want to incorporate more vitamins and nutrients into my diet, which is currently all carbs and dairy and barely any fruits and veggies. When it comes to working out, I just want to get moving more since I sit down almost all day while working. 
  7. Learn a new language. Another that was on my list last year.. yikes! I really want to learn another language this year, most likely Italian. It's not a priority, but I'd like to at least give 15 minutes of my day to learn it.
  8. Try video. YouTube, Instagram or Facebook live, regular Instagram stories- whichever it is, I just want to try being on video more. I love seeing other people on video when they actually have something interesting to share or say, so I might as well give it a go too and stop shying away from being vulnerable.
  9. Shop less, save more. This one is really important and I have to do it. I have a goal to buy a home before or when I'm 24 (I'm 22), so I need to save as much as I can. Lord knows I also have more than enough clothes and things already anyway, so I really have no excuse to shop. 
  10. Hustle. I have so many goals for Hampton Ivy and it's role in my life. They're private goals, so for now I'll sum them up into one word, which is hustle. I believe anything is possible if you love what you do and you work your butt off, and that's exactly what I plan on doing.

So 2018.. I'm ready for you and I'm determined to make this year the best one yet!
What're your new year resolutions? Do we have some of the same or similar ones? Let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear!
& Let's all make 2018 an amazing year together. 
SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

  1. Love these goals! I am taking a page out of your book and I’m going to make a list of goals myself!

    ReplyDelete

© Hampton Ivy · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS