It doesn't matter what season it is, if I'm looking for an easy outfit, I'll always look to see what dresses I own. And when it's winter, I'm obsessed with finding sweater dresses, because they're really the best of both worlds- comfort and ease. The only difficulty with dresses is styling them so it doesn't feel like you're wearing the same outfit every time you re-wear one of them. So, I've figured out a few different ways to style a sweater dress to help solve that issue! (All of the items I'm wearing will be linked at the bottom of this post.)


A simple cashmere scarf and pumps. A long scarf of contrasting color adds just the right touch to this dress. The scarf plus the heels also help elongate my frame and prevent the dress from looking unflattering, since it's a bit too long and unfitted on me to wear by itself. These leopard patterned heels also add just the right amount of character to the outfit. It's simple and chic, and perfect for dressy occasions. 



A skinny belt and loafers. Need a solution to a dress that's not fitted and a touch too long? Add a belt! And when I added a belt to this dress, I could then get away with wearing flat shoes. The belt and loafers make this outfit casual and cute, and the headband also adds a fun pop of pattern and youth. It's the perfect outfit for lunch or any daytime activity.



A vest and otk boots. Over-the-knee boots have been trending for the past two years, and I'm loving it! They elongate your legs and I've yet to see anyone who they don't look flattering on. The sweater dress alone with the boots still needed something extra though, and this vest worked perfectly. It not only adds a bit of color and texture to this outfit, but it also helps add shape since it's just the right length and slightly fitted. This outfit is perfect for nights out.




A sweater and riding boots. A sweater over a sweater? Yes, definitely! Layering is not only great for staying warm but it's also an easy way to make an outfit more unique. This casual outfit would be perfect for relaxed days out about town or cozy evenings.

-
And those are my four ways to style a sweater dress! I hope these outfit ideas help you friends next time you're figuring out what to wear or how to style a sweater dress you own. If you have a favorite way to style a sweater dress, I'd love to know! Feel free to share it in the comments below.
& Thank you for reading!
xo


In every outfit: The Sweater DressPantyhoseEarringsRing

Outfit 1: 

Outfit 2:
Shoes are by Aerosoles and I can't find a similar pair anywhere, though these are the same sort of idea

Outfit 3:

Outfit 4:


SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. Beautiful. You look stunningly elegant. You have a beautiful fur vest.

    ReplyDelete

© Hampton Ivy · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS