shopping in charleston

Could it be? Is my Charleston, South Carolina post finally here? Yes it is and it's about time! 
I love Long Island and I love having four seasons, but I could see myself moving to Charleston one day. It's such an incredibly beautiful place, with gorgeous architecture, quaint neighborhoods, and delicious southern food and charm. 
I tried my very best to narrow down the photos for this post to the very best ones, going from about 400 to 100 to finally 48, but when everything is so gorgeous it's really hard to pick and choose! I hope you all enjoy! 
xo

the mills house hotel

the mills house hotel


the mills house hotel

the mills house hotel

the mills house hotel







 Dress: Shein // Shoes: Keds (similar) // Purse: vintage // Sunglasses: Kate Spade // Necklace: Hampton Ivy // Bracelet: Hampton Ivy


 Top: Brooks Brothers // Cardigan: Lands' End // Pants: Up! Pants // Shoes: Mix No. 6 // Watch: Michele 







 Top: Brooks Brothers // Jacket: Shein // Jeans: Flying Monkey // Shoes: Palm Beach Sandals // Watch: Timex






 Dress: Jessica Simpson // Shoes: J. Crew // Purse: TJ Maxx




 Dress: Allegra K // Belt: Elise M. // Shoes: Mix No. 6 // Hat: Sun N Sand // Bracelet: Hampton Ivy




 Shirt: C&E // Jeans: J. Crew // Shoes: J. Crew // Bracelet: Hampton Ivy

 Dress: Shein // Shoes: J. Crew // Earrings: boutique // Watch: Michele



While this blog post isn't necessarily a Charleston, SC travel guide, I've listed some of the places we went to eat and shop, and a few of the places in Charleston worth seeing and trying, in my humble opinion. 

The Mills House Hotel
We stayed at The Mills House Hotel and it was very nice. We had a few bumps in the road with receiving the wrong room and talking to a sassy receptionist, but overall it was still very nice. The other staff members were very kind, the hotel was absolutely gorgeous, our view was beautiful, and the room was spotless.

Skinny Dip Charleston
This place is a given for shopping in Charleston. It had just opened the week we visited and it's adorable. It has a lot of the brands we all know from Instagram which is very fun to see. But, of course, my favorite part is the coffee and bar upstairs. What's better than a place where you can shop and stop for a bite to eat and drink?! Their coffee is delicious and so is their froze.

The Bar at Husk
We stopped by The Bar at Husk to have pre-dinner cocktails and they were delicious. We went at the right time, around 4, and beat the crowd. The bar downstairs was crowded but upstairs was free luckily. Later than 5 though? The place is packed!

Poogan's Porch
Be sure to make reservations! Nice restaurant, great staff, and absolutely delicious food. I had the fried green tomatoes, which were insanely good, and the short rib ragout which was so good, but also so rich and really filled me up pretty quickly.

Blossom
After a day full of outfits and photos, this was the perfect spot for lunch. The back patio was beautiful with an ivy covered wall and a little waterfall and fish pond, and the food was delicious too. (I had the citrus marinated mahi mahi oak roasted fish tacos.)

Eli's Table
Another great restaurant; surprise! The staff was lovely and the food, of course, was divine! I had their southern fried oysters, that I still dream about (they were so good!), and the Foragers' filet, which was also absolutely delicious.

All of Charleston is beautiful, but I especially loved walking down Chalmers St., Broad St., and Tradd St. to see the beautiful homes, as well as King St. for the shopping. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post!
If you've been to or live in Charleston, please leave your recommendations for other places to go in the comments below. I will definitely be going back, so I'd love to know more places to try and see, and I'm sure others planning to visit Charleston would love more recommendations as well!
Have a wonderful weekend!
xo

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Hampton Ivy · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS