2018 ♡ Yearly Favorites

in , by Hampton Ivy, 1/03/2019

Happy new year, friends! I hope 2019 is off to a great start for all of you already. 
Looking back at 2018, I had a few favorites in fashion, beauty and lifestyle that I've mentioned here and there before during the year, but I figured I'd group them all together in one blog post to share what purchases really stood out to me last year. I will say, it was a little hard to come up with fashion favorites, not because there weren't certain items that I definitely loved over the year, but because most of them I bought on sale or at a thrift shop, so really none are available for anyone else to buy anymore, so I'm sorry if you're bummed at the lack of fashion favorites. That aside, I hope you all still find my favorites helpful and if you also love some of these products, I'd love to know which ones! 


Beauty Faves
Ice Roller // A necessity in my skincare routine. Minimizes pores, blemishes, puffiness, and just feels wonderful.
Lanaige Lip Conditioner // A dream for your lips. Hydrates and moisturizes your lips for hours and makes them plumper because of those two things. Cost a pretty penny for a lip balm, but worth every single one.
Aztec Clay Mask // I mix it with apple cider vinegar and it not only purges my pores, but the difference in my blemishes after I use this mask (they're smaller and less red and noticeable afterwards) is the main reason I absolutely love it.
Calendula Cream // I could make a whole blog post around this ointment and why I use it and love it, but basically I break out with dermatitis maybe once every two years and this cream is a miracle worker in getting rid of it. 
L'occitane Hand Cream // Another item that costs a pretty penny, but is worth every single one, is this hand cream. I didn't believe it before I tried it, but it's amazing. It's super rich and every scent they offer smells beautiful. 
NYX HD Finishing Powder // I use this powder to set my concealer and it's great. I don't need too much of it for it to really set my concealer in place and keep it from creasing or fading, and it doesn't make my under-eye area look dry either. I'll definitely be repurchasing it.
Ulta Mascara // Want natural lashes? This mascara is perfect. Want to build up to falsie-looking lashes? This mascara is perfect for that too. I love this mascara. It lengthens and volumizes and it is easily buildable. It also doesn't smudge throughout the day, which is my biggest issue with most mascaras. It's not waterproof though, it easily comes off if you get your lashes wet, which I actually appreciate.

Hair Faves
Revlon Brush Hair Dryer // Blow outs made super easy. This hair dryer and round brush in one is the best thing to ever happen to my hair routine. I use it every time I wash my hair now. It's so easy once you get the hang of it and creates a beautiful style every time.
Satin Hair Ties // Delicate, doesn't cause breakage and barely creases hair. Great for keeping my hair out of my face when I'm relaxed at home.
Satin Pillow Cases // Also delicate on hair and doesn't cause breakage. My hair is always nicer the next day when I use this satin pillow case compared to when I use a pillow case that isn't satin. It's also delicate on skin and supposedly prevents wrinkles.
Wet Brush // A hair care and routine must-have. 
Shea Moisture Argan Oil // Inexpensive and amazing. This oil is fantastic for when my hair feels or looks a little dry. I focus it on the ends of my hair after styling. It's smoothing and adds lots of shine.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil + Red Pimento Oil // Every now and then, probably not as often as I should, I do an oil treatment. I slather my roots with the pimento oil that promotes hair growth and the rest of my hair with the castor oil which is also known to promote growth and really moisturizes every strand. I also use the castor oil on my lashes and brows occasionally to moisturize them as well.
Turbie Twist // I will never go back to using huge bath towels that I have to awkwardly balance on my head to dry my hair. This little towel holds all my hair and is so lightweight and easy to wear after the shower or bath, plus it's less damaging than regular towels to your hair.
Haute Iron Spray // This heat protectant spray not only protects your hair, but smooths it and adds shine. A little goes a long way, though, if you spray too much it'll make your hair greasy looking.

Fashion Faves
Report Over The Knee Boots // I've basically been wearing these boots everyday this fall and winter. They're so comfortable and flattering, I wish they came in more colors because I'd buy them all.
Target Sweat Pants // These joggers are seriously so comfy. They're my favorite pants to wear when I'm working at home.
Sam Edelman Sandals // The heeled sandals I wore all spring and summer. They're comfortable, easy to walk in, and go with everything.
Hampton Ivy Bandanas // There's a good chance at least one of these bandanas is on my purse at all times. They're lightweight, versatile and just so pretty!
Tortoiseshell Hampton Ivy Items // There's also a good chance I'm wearing at least one of these jewelry pieces at all times too. Tortoiseshell goes with basically everything, especially in fall and winter. 
Palm Beach Sandals sandals // Not pictured, but I figured I'd add in these sandals, because I really do love them and wear them almost every single day in spring and summer. The quality of them is the best and they're beautiful and also go with every outfit. 

Entertainment Faves
Being Boss podcast // Product Boss podcast // Mamma Mia 2 movie & soundtrack // Moana movie & soundtrack // Billie Eilish music // Cardi B music // Jesse Kinch music

Random Fave: Kimchi Spicy Ramen  // I've become obsessed with kimchi. One of my favorite dishes with kimchi is ramen. I make my own kimchi using the recipe I linked and I buy my spicy ramen on Amazon. I only use half of the packet of ramen sauce and spices though when I cook it, then I add in maybe two tablespoons of kimchi and holy yum. I could eat it every day!

And those are all of my favorites from 2018! What are some of your favorite things from 2018? Let me know in the comments below!
Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day.
xo

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Hampton Ivy · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS