Ivy at the Library

in , by Hampton Ivy, 1/23/2017


"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." - Jorge Luis Borges
The Cold Spring Harbor Library sure feels like paradise! Any place with books is paradise to me, but this library takes it a step further with its beauty. Read by the fire or read on the balcony with a view of the water; you're surrounded by comfort here. 




















I've been meaning to visit the Cold Spring Harbor library for a little while now, and I'm so glad I did! Even though it's a little far from where I live, I'll definitely be stopping by more often. A library with a fireplace and a view of the water is pretty hard to turn down! 

The environment also matched perfectly with this vintage Polo Ralph Lauren sweater I bought recently at a local consignment shop. It's hand knit 100% wool and kept me so warm I didn't even need to put on my Barbour jacket. I plan on doing a blog post soon about thrift store and consignment shopping, including some of my favorite finds and tips, if you friends are interested! 

I hope you all enjoyed this post!
And if you're ever in the Cold Spring Harbor area I definitely recommend stopping by this beautiful library! Have a wonderful week!
xoxo


Sweater: Ralph Lauren (vintage) // Jacket: Barbour // Jeans: Flying Monkey // Flats: New Look // Purse: Miztique // Earrings: heirloom // Rings: heirloom (ruby), Old Navy (rhinestone) // Bracelet: Hampton Ivy
-
SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

  1. Your outfit looks amazing. What a great vintage find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liza! :) You can find some truly great pieces at consignment shops every now and then!

      Delete

© Hampton Ivy · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS